There’s no denying that the world is moving closer to the internet than ever before. When customers have questions, they will look for answers online. If you want to remain competitive as a plumbing company in today’s digital world, implementing our plumbing SEO tips can help you attract your ideal customers.
Our plumbing SEO tips and strategies will help your plumbing business website rank better on the search engine results pages (SERPs). You’ll be attracting a lot of potential clients to your plumbing business if you secure a spot on Google’s first page.
Why SEO is the Most Effective Strategy for Plumbers
People nowadays will go straight to Google if they require a vital service, such as plumbing for their home or business. Recent keyword research studies show that the phrase “plumber service” is searched over 70,000 times per month.
Therefore, SEO is ideal for plumbers because the majority of people use the internet to find a phone number or address to contact for service.
Using the right plumbing SEO tips, your website could appear on Google’s first or second page. That means that when a customer types their query into the search bar, they are more likely to visit your website and learn more about your services.
Effective plumbing SEO tips can assist you in achieving outcomes that would otherwise be impossible to achieve through social media, email lists, or PPC ad campaigns. This is because, for these projects to thrive, the timing must be perfect. Someone who sees your PPC ad one day may not need a plumber right away.
Using effective SEO for your business website will allow you to engage with your target audience. It gives you a direct channel to engage and interact with your target audience. An SEO-optimized website becomes the perfect tool for quickly responding to your consumers’ questions or difficulties.
Plumbing SEO tips to boost your online visibility
Did you know that four out of five customers conduct local research before making a purchase? That means that if your website isn’t optimized for local SEO, you’re missing out on 80% of your local audience every month. As a result, plumbing SEO strategies are critical to your plumber’s digital marketing plan.
Plumbers can use SEO to attract customers to their websites in a variety of ways. While deciphering all of the appropriate plumbing SEO tips on your own can be tough, there are a few crucial things to keep in mind.
#1: Make Your Website Local Search Friendly
Optimizing your local SEO campaign entails beginning with the one thing over which you have complete control: your website. Start with these great tips:
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly: Mobile devices now account for more than half of all web traffic. Nonetheless, many companies fail to ensure that their websites look as good on mobile as they do on desktop. Make sure your website is responsive, and you’ll be well ahead of the competition.
- Make sure your website is secure: Top search engines such as Google, Bing, and others impose long-term SEO penalties on hijacked sites. They want to keep their consumers safe from cybercriminals. Taking appropriate web-security measures, such as securing the website with SSL certificates, will aid in maintaining the website’s integrity.
- Examine and improve the metadata on your website: Audit and optimize the metadata (title tag and meta descriptions) of your web pages to incorporate your most important service areas and keywords. This is crucial for your plumbing website to rank higher in search engine results (SERPs).
- In the footer of your website, include your company’s name, address, and phone number (NAP): It’s vital for local SEO that your footer has standardized NAP and appears consistently across all of your web pages. You’ll be sending the search engines hundreds, if not thousands, of positive local SEO ranking signals this way.
- Invest in quality content marketing: Content is king, as they say in the SEO business. To rank on the top page of Google and other search engines, you’ll need page after page of unique, high-value content that’s optimized for local SEO.
- Have a clear Call-to-Action (CTA): To boost website conversions, SEO web design must have a call to action (CTA). You must urge visitors to take action, whether you’re pushing affiliate deals, selling things, or gathering leads. A CTA is a short message, usually in the form of a picture, that persuades visitors to take a specific action.
#2: Maintain an active blog
Maintaining an active blog entails creating new and engaging content regularly that your readers will find useful. Fresh information is favored by search engines, especially when it is valuable to people. Here are some suggestions for improving your blog’s local SEO rankings:
- Make sure you’re writing your blog on your primary website domain, not a subdomain.
- When possible, provide the names of local cities and neighborhoods.
- Provide links to excellent information on other websites. These might be other blogs in your town or services that complement your plumbing company.
- Local challenges and needs should be addressed in your brand messaging.
- Use proper internal linking to connect your website’s pages. Make sure to include references to your blogs in your writing, not just landing pages that detail your services. This will provide search engines with more authority signals.
- Investigate relevant keywords and incorporate them naturally into your blog content.
- Providing something of value to your audience will always help you win the day. While it may seem odd to give up your expertise for free, you will be seen as an expert. People who don’t want to perform the task themselves will trust you to do it for them.
#3: Scrutinize Your NAP and Website
First and foremost, your company’s name, address, phone number (NAP), and website must be consistent throughout the most popular internet directories. The following are some of the most common reasons for discovering inconsistencies:
- Your company’s physical location has recently changed.
- Your marketing partner inadvertently entered incorrect company information across directory listings.
- Your old local phone number is still listed.
- There are several variations of your company name available online.
There are several reasons why NAP inconsistencies can be harmful to local SEO campaigns. For starters, you don’t want customers dialing the incorrect phone number or company.
For the main search engines, this kind of inconsistency is a red flag. This raises the likelihood that your company will be missed in localized searches, such as voice searches on Apple and Android devices and smart home assistants like Alexa and Google Home. Inconsistent information can confuse or turn off potential customers (and search engines) in general.
To conduct an online audit of your NAP information, first create a consistent NAP format for your company’s name, phone number, and address. Next, search the internet for any references for your business in online directories. You can speed up the process by using automated tools like Yext or Moz Local.
Working with a professional digital marketing agency can, of course, ensure that your NAP audit goes smoothly. If they’re not, that’s a major issue you’ll need to sort out.
#4: Online Profiles to Claim and Verify
You wouldn’t allow a stranger (or, even worse, a competitor) to create your business card, would you? So, why would you trust them with your online profile? You will lose control over your business information appearing on many web directories if you do not claim and validate your online profiles.
The truth is that people have been writing reviews about your company on various review sites, whether you are aware of it or not. This is true whether or not you have claimed your profile.
Google must be confident that you are a legitimate corporate entity for your account to be confirmed. That implies they must validate a physical address and permit you to own your listing. Once your account has been verified, you can upload photos, respond to reviews, and even create posts to keep customers informed.
You’ll be deemed a verified company on each platform if you claim your directory listings. This, in turn, helps search engines deliver positive local SEO ranking signals.
Do you need SEO services for your plumbing company’s website?
When deciding whether or not to hire an SEO company for your plumbing company’s website, there are numerous aspects to consider. If you currently have a site and a team to keep it up to date, you could always boost the budget for their training to learn more about plumbing SEO tips and tactics.
However, this can take a long time, and there’s no guarantee that the effort will pay off. Furthermore, your business may not have a website or a digital team to deploy SEO strategies.
Organized online traffic is a boon for a self-run small business like plumbing! It is free advertising from search engines. Make the most of organic traffic from search engines by optimizing your website with these plumbing SEO tips.